Quidi Vidi TreasuresSave Favorites
original oil by Loreta Hume
prints on canvas also available on request
Quidi Vidi, St. John’s, Newfoundland
• Dramatic natural rock backdrop
• Towering walls protecting the tiny village of Quidi Vidi.
• Just beyond these walls is the vast Atlantic Ocean.
• Old fishing boats and buildings line the cove.
• Newfoundland – “The Rock” – untamed landscape, rich history, natural beauty, hidden gems
The Rock is a place of contrast. The land is rugged and harsh. Many areas of the province are difficult to maneuver through. The ocean is vast, teaming with life. It can rise up and be absolutely treacherous. Then there are the special places, gems, the peaceful well sheltered coves.
Rich in folklore and natural beauty, there is a magic to the province.