The Gateway International Painting Competition
CALL TO ARTISTS:
REGISTER FOR THE GATEWAY INTERNATIONAL PAINTING COMPETITION, ANNUAL MEMBERSHIP
CASH AWARD TO BEST IN SHOW PAINTING -- EVERY MONTH!
One Year Membership — Membership registration fee $25. Thereafter, $15/annual membership. In addition to your one-year membership registration fee, each painting entry is AN ADDITIONAL $10 (or less with purchase of a discount entry plan). ENTER AS MANY PAINTINGS AS YOU WISH DURING THE TERM OF YOUR MEMBERSHIP.
Following registration, whenever you're logged in, you'll be able to see the "Add Painting" link in the top menu. Each painting entry becomes essentially a "full page ad" for your painting, links directly to your website and contact information, and is separately promoted in social media and online search.
Each month, the finalists and Best in Show cash winners are selected by always-changing, professional artist judges. Each painting receives a written comment by the monthly judge, confirming why they were selected. All monthly finalists win one free "Special" promoted painting entry credit, and a paid promotional post in social media. The year-long competition begins in August and closes at the end of July each year; 180 finalist paintings from all months of the competition will be eligible to win year-end Grand Prizes.
- Registration is a $25 first-time annual fee. Once registered, you can log in any time to enter a painting. Annual membership renewal fee is $15 and occurs on the anniversary of your sign up.
- Once registered, it's $10 for EACH INDIVIDUAL painting entry you submit. THIS IS IN ADDITION TO YOUR ANNUAL MEMBERSHIP REGISTRATION! Why the extra fee? Because each painting entered receives its own dedicated webpage with the following features: large display of your painting, website link (if you have a website), your personal contact form with any other contact details you choose, long description area, and place for a video (if available) —all designed to ensure the best possible promotion of your work.
- PAINTING ENTERED MUST BE CREATED WITH PHYSICAL PAINTING MEDIA ONLY (NO PHOTOGRAPHY ART OR DIGITAL ART): Paintings must be created with real, traditional media such as oil, watercolor, pastel, pencil, or acrylic. Paintings may be "mixed media" as long as they use a combination of traditional painting/drawing media and are meant to be viewed from one direction as a 2-D (two dimensional) creation on flat painting surfaces which may include canvas, board, panel, paper, gypsum, copper/metal, wood, wall, etc. Copies of art or photos by someone else are not accepted; frames or the room/space behind your canvas should never be showing.
- Each monthly competition begins the first day of the month and ends at 11:59 pm the last day of the month, Arizona USA time. Winners are selected the 20th of the following month.
- Each painting you upload is entered into the competition. Paintings stay online during the annual competition so they may continue to be viewed and potentially purchased by collectors. Remember, you keep 100% of your sales.
- Enter as many paintings as you like, and even enter the same painting again unless it has already won as a finalist (a different judge may select it!) but each entry requires the separate entry fee due to the fact each entry is date stamped.
- Finalists include one Best in Show cash award. Finalist paintings are selected by a different professional artist judge each month who provides a short, written critique of each.
- Finalists from all 12 months compete for 1st, 2nd, and 3rd cash prize and recognition.
With Each Artwork Entered:
- Your painting receives its own, stand-alone promotional page linking to your website. Your Contact Form on each artwork page enables inquiries from interested parties, such as private collectors and art galleries.
- With each artwork posted, enter your own promotional details, ESPECIALLY IN THE DESCRIPTION. People are eager to know the inspiration behind your painting, the "how, where, and why" of its creation, the story you're trying to tell, or the vision you want to share. Or, just write something interesting about yourself... or add this to the info about your painting. THIS IS IMPORTANT!!! The more you write, the more it shows you're serious about letting the world know about your work. THE MORE YOU CAN SAY, THE BETTER WE CAN PROMOTE YOU! We use Facebook promoted posts to reach a whole new audience for your painting — 100 times more effective when there's something interesting to say AND THAT'S WHERE YOUR DESCRIPTION IS CRITICAL.
- You have the opportunity to sell your work by posting the price, or by using the "auction/buy now" option. We TAKE NO COMMISSION OR CUT OF YOUR SALES! YOUR SALES ARE YOUR OWN. You enter your own PayPal email in your artist profile so that any sale goes directly to you!
- More Questions? Please read the Prospectus and also see our list of Frequently Asked Questions, or give us a call: Tim or Victoria, 928-201-5082, 928-282-4326.